Frozen unsalted butter 200g
Our Grand Fermage frozen unsalted butter guarantees an authentic and distinctive French butter taste. This butter is produced in our Bellevigny factory in France using French milk. It can be used in savoury dishes as well as in desserts and pastries.
For ease of use, this butter is frozen, giving it a longer shelf life.
Produced close to our breeders...In our Bellevigny factory in Vendée (85)
Pasteurised cream (origin: France), cultures (including milk).
Average nutritional values per 100g
|Energy||3061 kJ / 744 kcal|
|-of which saturates||57g|
|-of which sugars||0,9|
Think about sorting!
Disposable paper packaging.
All about our butters
Butter is really the star ingredient of any cookbook! Sauces, cakes… It can be found in numerous recipes.
To make sure everyone’s taste is catered for, it comes in three broad categories:
- unsalted butter which contains very little salt, such as PDO Charentes-Poitou Grand Fermage
- semi-salted butter, which contains between 0.5% and 2% salt, such as semi-salted PDO Charentes-Poitou Grand Fermage
- salted butter, which contains 3% salt, such as Noirmoutier Grand Fermage with sea salt crystals.
You will of course have noticed that the difference between unsalted butter and salted butter is the salt content.
To start with; what is clarified butter?
It’s butter that has first been melted, then had its proteins extracted: casein and whey protein. Its main advantage is that it can stand higher temperatures and therefore won’t darken when you melt it in the pan. Practical!
So; here is how to make this famous butter:
- Cut the butter into pieces and melt it in a thick-bottomed pan on a low heat without stirring.
- When the butter has completely melted, turn off the heat, and using a skimmer or a spoon, lift off the white mousse which has risen to the surface.
- Now tip the yellow liquid which is left into a jar, let it cool and then put it in the fridge.
You will now be able to use this clarified butter in your recipes. It will give all your meals a delicious buttery taste.
Running out of inspiration ? Let yourself be tempted by our delicious recipes based on butter or cheese. Depending on the number of your guests and the time you have to cook, we suggest you discover our tasty sweet and savoury recipes!Discover our recipes